Sunday, January 16, 2011

Primordial Symphony

Today I turned 54. What better way to celebrate, than to do something I have never done before ... share one of my poems in a public forum! Thus, I have joined the orchestra in this week's Magpie Tales.


Primordial Symphony

A scuff of deer tracks,
crows feet
against my eyes
a symphony of wind song
Breathy sighs
And whispers,
Eternal murmuring;

Shadows,
roots and boughs,
lime filigree of light
my feet release the
ancient
song of cedar;

A plethora of
twisted wood
against tide
and mountains
frozen
to flight;

If these pieces
of music
predict any arrangement
it is that
all resting places
shall be
movable;

And for now
I am simply here
breathing air
needing no
rigid reason
for life but my
bones.

4 comments:

  1. Jo, what a Magpie debut!

    "..needing no
    rigid reason
    for life but my
    bones."

    A fine ending to a fine poem. Many happy returns - birthday wishes and Magpie Tales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your poetical debut! A most beautiful piece.

    Happy Birthday, dear friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely piece of writing.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful, lucid poem.

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete